October 17, 2019 – Los Angeles: Artists For A Better World International is calling upon global artists to send Mail Art to AFABW Int by March 15, 2020. This year’s Mail Art theme is “Celebrate Life,” in honor of artists and the expressions they bestow upon all life.
Selected Mail Art will be featured on the AFABW Int website, exhibited at the annual Founder’s “Art and Chocolate” World Art Day Celebration in Glendale, CA and also featured on the weekly cable television series, Our Ventura TV.
Furthermore, AFABW Int Mail Art campaigns raise awareness for the formal establishment of an international holiday for the arts, known as “WORLD ART DAY,” which is celebrated each year on April 15th (Leonardo da Vinci’s Birthday).
Mail Art is a global artistic movement centered on sending small-scale art works through the postal service.
Media commonly used in Mail Art includes postcards, paper, rubber stamps, artist-created stamps (called
AFABW Int President, George Alger and Executive Producer of the group’s Mail Art projects stated, “Anyone can participate in Mail
Curator of the Mail Art project, Becky Mate says, “It’s all about opening your mailbox and finding a uniquely crafted postcard or other art. It’s friendly, compact, instant joy.”
2020 AFABW Int Mail Art Participation Details:
- The 2020 Mail Art theme is “Celebrate Life!”
- You are encouraged to sign up for the AFABW Int “Art Line” eNewsletter on the Home page for updates and other art opportunities.
- Send your Mail Art by March 15,
2020to the following address:
AFABW Int Mail Art
7862 Apperson St.
Sunland, CA 91040 USA
2020 AFABW Int Mail Art Exhibition Details:
- On or about April 15, the 2020 AFABW Int Mail Art will be exhibited at the annual Founder’s “Art and Chocolate” World Art Day Celebration in Glendale, CA, by World Art Day Founder, Becky Mate.
- Selected Mail Art will be posted on the AFABW Int website.
- Selected Mail Art will be featured on the weekly cable television series, Our Ventura TV, in Ventura County, CA.
Mail Art Reciprocity
Each Mail Artist who sends a submission to AFABW Int will receive a Mail Art response.
View the following video to see featured AFABW Int Mail Art from 2019. (This video is being periodically broadcast on Our Ventura TV through the Spring of 2020).
2019 AFABW Int Mail Art Video (1min)
For more information, visit Mail Art.
For questions, click “CONTACT.”