Art Line: June 2005 Issue
June 1, 2005 – Los Angeles: This issue of the AFABW Int Art Line is about participation by way of your art and stories.
- Should YOU send in your art?
- Should YOU send in your stories?
You betcha! We want your work! Check out the opportunities for your art and stories below and PARTICIPATE! We’ve got not one, not two, but THREE avenues for artists young and old to get involved.
Send In Your Art And Stories!
President, AFABW Int
PS: Did I mention you should send in your art and stories?
Submit Your Short Story
The Celebrity Centre International Professional Writers Association is producing a “STORYTELLING NIGHT” event on September 29, 2005 at the 5th annual AFABW Arts Festival at Celebrity Centre International in Hollywood, California, to showcase the talents of:
- SHORT STORY WRITERS
- MONOLOGUE WRITERS
Send your short stories!! Send your monologues!!
Winners will have their work performed live at the “STORYTELLING NIGHT” as part of the 5th annual AFABW Arts Festival.
AFABW Int Visual Art Contest
Themed Category: A Vision of Beauty.
Any artist anywhere in the world who has at least one piece that fits the above theme is encouraged to submit their work!
- First Prize awardee will receive $250
- Second Prize awardee will receive $150
- Third Prize awardee will receive $100
The Top 3 Prizes Include:
- Cash prizes (noted above)
- AFABW Int “Premier” Membership ($75.00 value). Each awardee will have their own AFABW Int web pages with their photo, their bio/vision statement, 3 representations of their artwork, their favorite quote, and more, all within the AFABW Int online Artists Directory
- Publication and acknowledgment in the AFABW Int Art Line eNewsletter
- AFABW Int Award Certificates
AFABW Int Youth For A Better World Poster Contest
Any young artist anywhere in the world who has at least one piece that fits the theme “How to Make a Better World” is encouraged to submit their work to the AFABW Int “Youth For A Better World Poster Contest.” It can be a painting or a drawing, pastel or watercolor. Participation is FREE!
There are 3 age categories:
- 7 – 9 years of age as of the end of Sept 2005
- 10-12 years of age as of the end of Sept 2005
- 13-15 years of age as of the end of Sept 2005
FREE: NOTES IN THE MARGINS eNewsletter Subscription
Your free AFABW Int “Notes In The Margins” eNewsletter is written by the Celebrity Centre International Pro Writers Association every month for writers of fiction, non-fiction, screenwriters, TV writers, playwrights, journalists and poets. Subscribe NOW and receive the inaugural issue which will be published in July.
Want to become MORE active as a writer, whether a pro or an aspiring pro? Subscribe NOW!
AFABW Int AFRICA Music CD
While the world watches…
And the politicians wait…
There IS something you can do to help Africa now:
Buy the AFABW Int AFRICA music CD online right now!
AFRICA CD sales benefit the distribution of The Way To Happiness booklets in Africa.