Worldwide Call For Poetry – The Spirit of Humanity
January 25, 2006 – Hollywood: Artists For A Better World International has issued a “Worldwide Call For Poetry.” Submissions will be reviewed and selected for publication within a second AFABW Int poetry compilation book. This new soft-cover volume is themed and titled: The Spirit of Humanity.
There is no submission fee.
When the book is completed it will be available for purchase online in the AFABW Int Store. (You may currently view Bamboo Souls, the first AFABW Int poetry compilation which includes the work of 47 poets from 9 countries).
Submit your poetry today!
AFABW Int is dedicated to building a worldwide network of artists who share a vision of creating a better world through aesthetics and is open to artists and art enthusiasts of goodwill from all religions, nationalities, creeds, races and cultures. In short, any and all who desire to help in the creation of a better world are eligible to submit their poetry.
- Any poem, any length that represents some element of The Spirit of Humanity.
- Submitted work must be done by a single author.
- Submitted work must be unpublished elsewhere; simultaneous submits not allowed.
- If in another language, an English version must also accompany it.
The judges’ decision as to a poem’s inclusion is binding.
- Poetry must meet selection criteria of high imagery, solid metaphors and quality work: Poetry that takes the poet to a higher level of writing, and touches the reader.
- Note: ‘Not’ all submissions will be accepted, publication is based on the selection criteria.
- Poets should be subscribed to the free monthly AFABW Int Art Line eNewsletter to hear news and updates on the poetry book and other AFABW Int projects.
Editor – Tracy Lynn Repchuk – President of the Canadian Federation of Poets
- Submit up to 3 poems via email to email@example.com
- Include “AFABW Int Anthology” in the subject line.
- Present your poetry submissions in the body of your email. You are welcome to include a Word attachment if you wish – but still include the poems within the email body so that your poetry will still be considered even in the event that the attachment gets dropped or corrupted.
- Include your name, address and phone number in the email.
- Poets need to register online with AFABW Int (there are several membership levels, including FREE, which is all that is required for registration). Click on “Members Login” (on the left) to do so.
- You will be notified via email they have arrived, and if/when they are accepted.
- The Editor will contact you with any necessary changes or suggestions.
- Once completed, you will be asked to view a final version of your work for approval.
As this poetry book is purely a labor of love for the volunteer staff involved with its production, and since there is nominal funding for the book, there will be no complimentary books available. However, those poets whose work is selected for publication in this book will be offered a substantial discount to the book for a limited time after its initial publication. Additionally, poets whose work is selected into the book will be eligible for an online AFABW Int “Associate” membership ($20.00 value) at no cost.
- Poetry deadline is April 1, 2006.*
- Qualifying poems announced via email by May 1, 2006.
- Final poetry selected and announced by June 1, 2006.
- The completed book is scheduled to be released at the AFABW 6th annual Arts Festival in Hollywood at the end of the summer, 2006.
Every effort will be made so the book may be available at that time, however, depending upon production processes including: poetry selection, editing, art, layout, design, poets sign off, and proofing, the release date may be subject to delay. When released, the book will concurrently be available within the Artists For A Better World International online Store. The exact release date, and other developments, will be announced in the monthly AFABW Int Art Line eNewsletter as well as on the AFABW Int website.
*It is intended that the deadline will be honored. However, in the event that the poetry submissions become too voluminous, the deadline may be shortened at any time. Please submit your poems as soon as possible!